I wanted to tie up some loose ends that have been floating about in the past few weeks. Bare with me because they actually all tie in together. I think....
If you read my Mashugana blog you will find out I spoke about "spreading the love" week and my inspiration.
Here is the link to the blog if you want to read it. (I'll wait.) ---> My Spreading love post part 1
I thought you might want to know some of the things I did for this week. If you do not mind, I will just list them and comment on them as need be. (Note: I do not generally like to boast or tell the things I do special for people but in this case Melissa asked we blog about it.)
1. Bought lunch for my captioner, Trish. She is so incredibly helpful in my classes. I simply would be lost without her. Besides "working" for me, she is my friend and I just appreciate her.
2. Sent special somethings to my pen pals. If you want to know more about that leave me a comment and I will try to find the link. (For some reason, I can't find it at the moment.)
3. I made chili one night and decided to take a huge bowl to my neighbor. When she asked what this was for, I told her just because. It turned out she had just been home only a few minutes, tired and needed to eat. Yesterday, I got a note from her, along with my bowl. The note essentially thanked me and told me that it could not have come at a better time because she had been going through a rough patch and needed a pick me up. Who knew? See, you never know who needs a little love do you?
4. I gave some money to some guy for a cup of coffee.
5. I paid a guys bus fair one day.
6. The biggest thing I did, with my hubby, mom and kids as co-conspirators was plan a surprise bbq. Well, actually, we started planning it 2 weeks prior to this week but the bbq happened last Saturday.
As I have noted recently, my Aunt has been going through chemo this summer. This past Tuesday she was scheduled to have a double mastectomy. My hubby and I wanted to be there for her. So....
We conspired with said co-conspirators to plan a bbq in her honor (and of another aunt who is 25 year survivor) and fly in unbeknownst to no other family members. We totally kept it secret! Needless to say, it was a wonderful surprise by all and especially to my aunt! (side note: the family has not seen my hubby since last Dec. 2009 and not seen me since Jan.)
Here are several photos from that party.
|My Aunt M. whom the party was for|
|My Aunt C., 25 year survivor...I painted this rock for her.|
|One of my brothers taking over BBQ-ing|
|Me & my Grand-baby...first time I had seen her!|
|My cousin, Me & her hubby goofing off|
|This is my Uncle J. He had this shirt made special for Aunt M.|
All in all, it was a good week!! However, just because the week had ended does not mean I cannot do special things for people I know or don't know. Spreading love and not hate should always be in my mind as well as others. Our world is a much better place when we continue to spread the love around.
Have a great weekend.