Sunday, June 3, 2018

Cross-Over Songs On Monday's Music Moves Me #MondaysMusicMovesMe #music



Hello everyone,

I am back for Monday's Music Moves Me. I took a couple of weeks off so  I could regroup some things going on in life outside of Blogger. 

It is hard to believe it is June. I want to thank John for being the co-conductor last month and welcome Alana this month. But first, a spark for the week...





For this week she has chosen an interesting theme: "Crossover" Songs done by a group/singer known primarily for one type of music but in another type.  Example: country singer has a rock hit, or vice-versa


Well, this one is certain to be challenging but I think I have at least one idea. Don't forget to sign the linky below to play along!


The first person to pop in my mind is the singer Amy Grant. I originally heard her music as a Christian artist later she hopped over to pop. I have loved both.







Carrie Underwood is another person who has had cross-over hits in both Christian and pop sounds.





Happy Monday my musical friends,
Michelle aka Naila Moon

9 comments:

Cathy Kennedy said...

Michelle,

Excellent crossover choice! Contemporary Christian to Pop and Country. That was indeed a great idea! Plus, I liked how you selected a song from both camps for your artists. Way to go!

Sometimes it's necessary to step away from Blogosphere to get things in your life together. I'm feeling like I need to take a little break and while I'm trying to scale back this summer I really won't notice much change until next month. I probably will do a full hiatus before fall. Anywho, we're so glad to have you back on the dance floor today and boogietastic week, my friend!

csuhpat1 said...

We both picked "Baby, Baby" by Amy Grant. I guess that great minds think alike. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a wonderful week.

Mary B said...

Hey Michelle!

Loved your song choices for today. I had completely forgotten about Amy Grant. I even have a CD of hers, too!

See you next week!

~Mary

John Holton said...

You took an interesting approach, plauying one in their usual genres and one that was outside the usual. Nicely done!

I KNEW I should have used a different Amy Grant song... :P

Cathy Keisha said...

Amy Grant seems to be the crossover artist of the day!

XmasDolly said...

I tried to get my Post to post today, but every time I try that it never works, but I'm up and running now. Been out of town for a wedding and we just got back a few hours ago and I'm trying to play catch up now. Thanks for joining us and glad to hear you're getting it all together. Great pickins here girlfriend!!! Thanks again, but I have to run... playin' catch up here so I can get every one commented on. hugs

bookworm said...

I enjoyed the "usual" and "crossed over" takes on these two talented artists. Both of them rocked (well, in a manner of speaking) both genres. In particular, Carrie Underwood could recite nursery rhymes and sound fantastic. From the first time I saw her on American Idol I knew she was headed for greatness. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

Stacy Uncorked said...

What an awesome selection, Michelle! And a great take on the theme, too! Those are big time favorites of mine! I got to see Amy Grant before she was famous - she sang at the church we went to a long time ago when I was still young. I've loved her ever since! And of course I love Carrie - Princess Nagger and I were cheering her on (and voting for her) during her AI days. :) Thanks for the dance - and the memories! ;)

Colette S said...

Oh I love Amy Grant!
Thanks!