So today's topic is: Given the opportunity (and money) what 10 charitable foundations/organizations would you give to?
As stated above I had something occur in my life which happens to be that my nephew was diagnosed with leukemia. So, my obvious first choice would be...
1. Leukemia Foundation
2. American Heart Society (My hubby has had heart disease)
3. American Diabetes
(I have type 2 but my daughter-in-law and some friends have type1)
4. American Cancer Society (parents both had different forms)
5. The Komen Society for the Cure (two aunts are survivors!)
6. Muscular Dystrophy (this has always been close to my heart)
7. Autism Speaks (second cousin has)
8. Cochlear Implant Awareness Foundation (this is all about me!)
9. American Red Cross
(I volunteered with them in 1993 and they managed to get my sibling home from the Army for an emergency
10. Presbyterian Children's Home
(I used to do magic shows at a local home.)
Note: If you would like to donate to any of these fine charities please click on the links.