Tuesday, October 21, 2014

10 #Halloween Fun Facts and Musical Countdown


For me, when it comes to Halloween, it all about fun. I enjoy the colors, dressing up, candy, hayrides, and yes, the scares too. Although, admittedly, I HATE being scared.

I do not like the blood and guts kind of stuff. I am not really sure when Halloween became synonymous with that either. I also don't get the whole sexy costumes either but I guess, that is just me.

Here are 10 Halloween fun facts in no particular order:

1. $2 billion dollars is spent every year on Halloween candy alone. What is your favorite?

2. If you are in Hollywood on Halloween, you cannot use any silly string or you will be fined $1000.

3. Jack-o-lanterns were originally made out of turnips. This was based off of the legend of Stingy           Jack.

4. Samhainaphobia is the fear of Halloween.

5. The famous magician, Harry Houdini, died on Halloween night in 1926. Some people still hold           seances to hear from him.

6. Although Salem, MA is probably most well know for being the Halloween "Capital", Anoka, MN       also claims this honor.

7. The largest pumpkin grown thus far was weighed in at 2032 pounds. This record was set last year       (2013) by farmer, Tim Mathison.

8. There are no words that rhyme with orange.

9. Halloween is the second largest industry seller next to Christmas.

10. The most popular Halloween costume to wear every year is the "witch".




3 comments:

Rebecca said...

cool post and loved your song choice today.

XmasDolly said...

Hmmm my favorite candy has changed from Reeses (although I still love that one), but my mom's favorite candy was Almond Joy so I've made that one my favorite one too and it puts a smile on my face because it's not only good, but I think of --- Mommy! I saw my Aunt Mitzi today so I'm in a really good mood. I haven't seen her in so long because I've been hurting so bad. It was a delight to wake her up with a smooch! My Sleeping Beauty! So those are fun facts... very cool. I have a question though. Why does Anoka, MN claim that it's the Halloween capital? I never heard of the place! Thanks for sharing :)

csuhpat1 said...

Nice song choice. Love the Almond Joys.