For me, when it comes to Halloween, it all about fun. I enjoy the colors, dressing up, candy, hayrides, and yes, the scares too. Although, admittedly, I HATE being scared.
I do not like the blood and guts kind of stuff. I am not really sure when Halloween became synonymous with that either. I also don't get the whole sexy costumes either but I guess, that is just me.
Here are 10 Halloween fun facts in no particular order:
1. $2 billion dollars is spent every year on Halloween candy alone. What is your favorite?
2. If you are in Hollywood on Halloween, you cannot use any silly string or you will be fined $1000.
3. Jack-o-lanterns were originally made out of turnips. This was based off of the legend of Stingy Jack.
4. Samhainaphobia is the fear of Halloween.
5. The famous magician, Harry Houdini, died on Halloween night in 1926. Some people still hold seances to hear from him.
6. Although Salem, MA is probably most well know for being the Halloween "Capital", Anoka, MN also claims this honor.
7. The largest pumpkin grown thus far was weighed in at 2032 pounds. This record was set last year (2013) by farmer, Tim Mathison.
9. Halloween is the second largest industry seller next to Christmas.
10. The most popular Halloween costume to wear every year is the "witch".