Wednesday, September 6, 2017

About Hard Work and Working Together

photo credit

Most times when I see ants, I find them to be quite annoying. Here in Arizona, depending on where you live, they get into your house and never leave. My Mom's area has this problem. Thankfully, I do not.

However, have you ever watched ants work? I was watching a colony while I was waiting for the bus one day. I decided to give them a treat and dropped a gummy candy on the ground and waited.
It was not long before one of these tiny ants made a bee line for the candy goodness.

I watched as he tried to push the thing across the landscape to the hole that I could only assume was where the queen ant was waiting. He tried but did not get very far.

The next thing I know, like osmosis, a zillion ants made their way to where he was and ripped off tiny pieces to carry off. Then...it was gone! The work done there and moved to another area.

I simply was amazed at the working together.

I wonder, why we cannot do that all the time...that is, work together to get things done without fuss or fight. Hmm...



Peace out...
Michelle



No comments: