Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Inspiration-Butterflies

Sometimes I get inspired by the simplest things. Tonight I have been inspired by a butterfly (and another blogger). Well, not an actual one but by The Butterfly Project. You can click on the link for more information.


This project speaks to me for a couple of reasons on the knowledge that of the 6 million Jews who were killed in the Holocaust, 1.5 million of them were children...CHILDREN!


The second reason is that the one thing that my Dad has known about his biological parents was that they were Jewish immigrants. He knows nothing much else about them.  I have always wondered if they came to the U.S. to flee persecution? Did their families perish along with so many others?  In essence, this is personal.






I have visited the Holocaust Museum of St. Louis and I met face to face with a survivor and heard her story. In fact, I worked for a survivor by the name of Barbara Grossberg.


This project puts focus on the children. These children who did not grow up and who did not get to play like other children. These children who were torn from the arms of the parents and never seen again. It pains me to think of the atrocity bestowed upon them. The least I can do (and you can too) is remember that they existed, remember that they were live human beings and make a butterfly.


Peace...Naila Moon


PS>The site says to e-mail a photo of your butterfly. If you do this project please post a photo on your page and link up here and I will showcase all of them here.



2 comments:

Carol E Wyer said...

Hi! I'm blog hopping today hoping to make new friends and landed here. What a fabulous blog...it is so festive I felt like singing Christams songs. More seriously I thought this was a lovely post. Very sensitive. I have added myself as your newest follower on GFC .
I'm off to browse around your blog now. Please drop by and maybe follow me if you fancy a laugh. I'd be delighted welcome you. I am a vision of the future!
Warmest wishes
Carol from www.facing50withhumour.blogspot.com

Debbiedoos said...

I love butterflies too. And yes I agree sometimes it is the simpleist things that intrigue us. Thanks for popping over.