Friday, December 17, 2010

Snowflakes...the paper kind that is

So, my loyal readers, by now you know I am in a couple of pen pal groups.


Oh, you didn't know...ok, well sorry...read on.

Anyway, these groups are attempting to bring back the old fashioned form of writing that many of us grew up with.  I personally had many pen pals when I was growing up. I now have 5 new ones.


Yesterday, in an attempt to get all letters sent out to my pen pals, I got this crazy idea.  I decided to make each of them their very own paper snowflake. 


Side note to said pen pals: If you are following me, be surprised ok?


Anyway, I thought it would be fun to share with you not only how to make a paper snowflake but I actually made a video (which is following) as a fun way to show you how.
It is great to do with kids or if you just want some snowy decor.  Believe me, I do not think my paper snowflakes came out as good as these photos I am sharing with you but aren't all real snowflakes different? hee hee


Here is also a photo of how to make them simply.


I would love to see what you have done! Post them on your blog and link back. I'll go check them out. In fact, I will feature them here!  Happy snowflake making!




Peace...Naila Moon

3 comments:

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

You've inspired me to make a paper snowflake!! I was so mesmerized by them when I was a kid - like they were magic!! I need some on my windows since it's the only snow I'm likely to get here in Texas!!

Manzanita said...

Snowflakes and pen pals..... right out of my childhood. Just want to connect with you and wish you the Merriest of Christmas's and a rip-roar'n New Year.
Love from Manzanita

Kippi O'Hern said...

Love the snowflake video I had no idea about how to fold it correctly. Happy New Year, Kippi #kippiathome