Saturday, October 1, 2016

HAPPY OCTOBER...The Crypt Keeper Is Back! Day 1/31

Photo Source


Hello Boils and Ghouls...I am back this year as your wonderfully, creepy, hostess and Crypt Keeper all of October. This year I have made quite the switch up as I am going to do movies for this month. I will be sharing them with you and hope you comment and join in with me.

Also, I decided this year to review mostly Halloween books on my blog, Reading Authors. I will be having some spook-tacular books there for everyone to enjoy. Make sure to come over and say BOO!

Now, on to the movie for today.

Since it is day one and the original Crypt Keeper tends to lend his name for this month, I thought it only appropriate to share him. I will point out that I adored the TV series of Tales From the Crypt but this is nothing like it.



From Wikipedia:

Tales from the Crypt is a 1972 British horror film, directed by Freddie Francis. It is an anthology film consisting of five separate segments, based on stories from EC Comics. Only two of the stories, however, are actually from EC's Tales from the Crypt. The reason for this, according to Creepy founding editor Russ Jones, is that producer Milton Subotsky did not own a run of the original EC comic book but instead adapted the movie from the two paperback reprints given to him by Jones. The movie was one of many Amicus horror anthologies made during the 1970s and features an all star cast, including Joan CollinsPeter CushingRichard Greene, and Roy Dotrice, with Ralph Richardson as the Crypt Keeper.
Five strangers go with a tourist group to view old catacombs. They do not realise that they are all dead. Separated from the main group, they find themselves in a room with the mysterious Crypt Keeper (Ralph Richardson), who details how each of the strangers have died.

Until next time...Keep it creepy!



1 comment:

XmasDolly said...

Oh boy, I see it's going to be one of those kind of months... I don't remember ever seeing this one at all... Joan Collins, she played in a lot of those creepy films, and if I remember correctly she also played in that soap opera "Dark Shadows". whooooo whoooo haaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaa ~snicker-snicker~