Sunday, July 1, 2018

Patriotic Songs at Monday's Music Moves Me #MondaysMuisicMovesMe #music



Happy almost July 4th my friends here in the U.S.A. Welcome back to my page and another new month of musical happiness. This month I am co-conducting the entire month for Monday's Music Moves Me.
That means that I will be choosing the themes for the month. I urge you to play along and hit the dance floor with your smooth moves.

This first week I have chosen Patriotic songs because here in the U.S. we will be celebrating our Independence Day. Now, I know I have friends from all over the world so, please feel free to post songs that are patriotic for your country. I am flexible! :)

So let' get to it, shall we...of course don't forget to sign the linky! I will be around during the week as I can.


Musically yours,
Michelle aka Naila Moon


First up: One of my favorite singers composed and sang a song about people coming to America looking for freedom and a new home. It was hugely popular in the movie he starred in called the "Jazz Singer." Neil Diamond's song...


Next up:

Finally: One of the best renditions of the Star Spangled Banner I have ever heard, was sung by...




BONUS:



<!-- end LinkyTools script --

13 comments:

XmasDolly said...

congrats my friend! You have some great tunes here... sorry I forgot to put you first on our linky.. It's been a hectic weekend. Dave got laid off again. What a bummer. Anyway... here we go love your line up & have a great fourth & be careful. hugs

Mary B said...

Congrats on being conductor for the month! You've got some big challenges lined up for us and I'm excited about that! I also included Hendrix in my post for today, but let's be honest... you can't get too much Hendrix, right?

BTW... my antivirus tells me it detected a threat here. It says it is coming from the socialbuttonmaker.com link. Thought you might want to know about that.

Have a great holiday!

~Mary

Cathy Kennedy said...

Michelle,

It's great having you this month as co-host! I'm delighted you went with a patriotic theme for today's mewsic lineup. Your songs really rock the dance floor. Have a safe and fun Independence Day celebration, my friend!

csuhpat1 said...

Great songs. I almost picked the Hendrix song. Glad I didn't.

Cathy Keisha said...

Yes! Jimi's version is the best. Happy 4th.

Mike Golch said...

Great tunes,mine are ready to listen to!

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

Thanks Mary, I removed it!

bookworm said...

Thank you for your guest conducting this month. Some great selections here, especially Jimi Hendrix. I've heard it; I've never seen the Woodstock clip of him playing the National Anthem, and all I can say is...well, I can't say anything, it was THAT GOOD! Have a happy 4th. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

John Holton said...

Good selections. Neal Schon with Journey does a good "Star-Spangled Banner," by the way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ6jYSwpDFA

Mike said...

Cool selections!

Michele at Angels Bark said...

Congrats on your first Conductorship! :) Starting out with a bang...and fireworks too! You have some wonderful patriotic songs here. I love Neil Diamond's Coming to America. I didn't realize it came from the Jazz Singer movie. I never saw the film and don't know anything about it so that was a cool fact to discover.
I love Lynryd Skynyrd's Red White & Blue. I kicked my post off with that song. I kinda went off script with the theme and hopefully you're okay with that...

I enjoyed the Star Spangled Banner as sung by the two powerhouses your presented here.

Hope you had a great 4th!

Michele at Angels Bark

John Holton said...

Good list, and a nice take on the theme!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Great tunes, Michelle! Hope you had a great 4th of July! :)