Monday, January 20, 2020

#MondaysMusicMovesMe Theme: Tenative #music


Hey everyone! It's Monday's Music Moves Me once again. Whew, once again, this week went fast. I cannot believe it is even mid-January. Before we know it, we will be looking into February.

I am honorary co-host this week for the best musical extravaganza on Monday. We start our week partying out loud and spinning some tunes to dance or sing-along to. Make sure to go by and say hello to everyone and give a high five to those musical co-host. We have Marie aka Xmas Dolly, the brain-child for this whole shin-dig. Then there is Cathy who gets all of the kitties dancing. Stacy who tends to pop open a bottle of wine and gets down with some country. And to round it out, we have Alan who is always up for music in the mix.

This week I chose a challenging theme which is "Tentative". To be honest I am not sure what I was thinking but we shall see what I can flesh out. Come on, let's go!

ten·ta·tive

1. Not fully worked out, concluded, or agreed on; provisional: tentative plans.
2. Indicating a lack of confidence or certainty; hesitant: tentative steps toward the podium.

First Up: I love Peter Hollens voice and the music he sings. As with many of his songs, he matches up with other incredible singers. This one features Tim Foust who gives a little country flair to this popular song.



Next up: This song and band sing about how angels among us help us when we aren't sure or are in need. 


Finally: This next song is sung by John Legend, feature the singer Common, whom I have come to love. They sing about freedom and that fighting for freedom to be who you are is not over.


Make sure you link up and have a great week. I will be around later.

Musically yours,
Michelle


2 comments:

Mike Golch said...

cool,music.thanks for sharing it!!

Alana said...

I am a big Simon and Garfunkel fan so I was immediately interested in the a capella cover of "Bridge Over Troubled Waters". It was well done; both singers (especially the one who did Art Garfunkel's part) had very nice voices. The Alabama song speaks such truth about angels. I've only heard "Glory" a handful of times but it is magnificent, especially with the blend of traditional gospel type singing and rap. Thank you for being our guest conductor this month.