Sunday, January 2, 2011

What would you do?

I came across an article today on NPR
that was discussing a college class assignment that was...well, shall we say life giving. My husband and I got in to a discussion about it and now I want to discuss it with you.


You can read at the link above or read on. 
In a nut shell, the professor of this college class at St. Mary's College in Maryland, gave the following class assignment:
Should he donate one of his own healthy kidneys? 




They were to argue one way or the other and give him reason why or why not. The final say would be his of course.
This would not seem to be any big deal except that he really IS considering doing just that!




 Although, his class recommended that he not do it because they basically said it is quite personal, I have to give the guy kudos for even considering it.






There are many people out there waiting for all sorts of transplants.  I am not encouraging you to go out and donate a kidney but I am asking you to at least mark on your license that you will donate. I have!


However, if per chance you would like to donate your kidney to someone, there are sites you can go to.




Maybe in this new year it is something you will consider.
The question I suppose now is what exactly would you do?


Peace...Naila Moon




Ring In 2011 Blog Hop

No comments: