Saturday, July 16, 2011

Is it a Harry Potter weekend for you?

Well, here we are. It has now been a full day since the last of the Harry Potter films has opened.

I am giddy with excitement. Whoo hoo!!!!!!

Ok, so I lied.  Seriously, I just saw the first of the two part movies just last night on (gasp) DVD.  My husband and I did not want to watch it when it first came out a year ago because we did not want to wait so long to see the next part. The first part was long in parts but cool. It ended at a section that seemed right too.

We will probably go see the second part sometime here shortly but I am not all crazy like some people I know. (For the record, I babysat so that my son and daughter-in-law could go to a midnight first showing of the movie.) Oh, don't get me wrong, I have liked everyone of the previous movies (and we own them). I will even go so far as to say that I have seen them more than once.


The brutally honest truth is that I have never read even one of the books. Now, I know some people would say that is total sacrilege and they cannot believe that to be so. However, it is true!  I have started the first book and have read about three chapters. It is on my list of things to do this year. So, I will get to it...really, I will. Right after I read the 3-4 other books I have to read, wash the laundry, pick up the mail, do the dishes, take a shower, feed the cat...um.....





Have a great Harry Potter weekend.
~Naila Moon






















#ff63e0


1 comment:

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

Went to see the 2nd part last night. It was great...liked it much better than the first part. I do not, however, recommend taking any young children to see it.
~Naila Moon