Sunday, June 1, 2014

Monday's Music Moves Me...Southern Rock #MondaysMusicMovesMe

Here we are into June and the first Monday as well. Of course that only means it is time to rock on out with the Monday's Music Crew. You know us...lead by Xmas Dolly and co-hosted by Stacy, Callie, Cathy and Me.  Cathy is taking a vacation break and our friend, Becca is hanging out with us once again until she returns.


”Photobucket”border=”0

Our Spotlight Dancer is...Corrine from Corrine's Corner

We are starting out the month with a theme this week and one I do not think we have done before. Let's see what "Southern Rock" you have in your play list this week.

First up for me is from the Kentucky Head Hunters. I love the guitar work!


Next is actually a little slow down but is a bit of nostalgia for me as it was my graduating class song. Hail to Lynrd Skynyrd!


Finally, I am going to go with this group who has always been a favorite. Alabama...



13 comments:

Catch My Words said...

We thought alike again. Quit picking my songs. ;) I love Spirit in the Sky. Why didn't I think of that one?

http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2014/06/mm-southern-rock-on.html

XmasDolly said...

Boy, I'll tell you everybody is going to rock the house this week and a lot of the same tunes are coming up too I notice. Sweet home Alabama, Free Byrd, all the down home rock & roll! YOU ROCKED IT GIRL! :) EEEEEE HAAAAAAAA

Unknown said...

Huh?! Lynrd Skynyrd plays semi-classical? Everybody else has his Sweet Home Alabama - thanks so much for posting this. Fancy graduation you must have had. Loved Alabama too - interesting picks this week, thanks Naila.

Mark Paul said...

Love your selections. Never heard the Kentucky Headhunters version of Spirit in the Sky, I know Little Feets' version of this song. As always interesting hearing a different version of a song. Lynard S love Free Bird, one of my faves. Alabama have always loved . Great choices.
Hope you stop on by and rest a spell. Here's my songs.
http://creativeminds-tamirisc.blogspot.com/2014/06/mondays-music-with-southern-rock-twist.html

Laura S Reading said...

Start the week out gritty! Love Spirit in the Sky.
Thanks for sharing this version we don't hear often.

Rebecca said...

Girl you got my Monday moving and a grooving for sure. I have a dance party happening right now.Love me some Alabama.

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

ha ha ha-great minds!

Colette S said...

I wasn't sure I"d know what to share, but at least I"m learning.

Thanks for the hits. :)

Have a blessed week!

Happy Rocky Road Ice Cream Day!

Sofa King said...

Uh oh I think I'm starting to like some of this southern rock. I certainly like these tunes. Have a rockin' day!

Run DMT said...

Loving these Southern Rock songs!

Cathy Kennedy said...

I haven't heard Spirit in the Sky in quite some time. Lynyrd Skynyrd totally rocks! Fabulous choices this week, my friend!

LA Botchar said...

oh! Love Spirit in the Sky! Haven't heard that in awhile.
but it doesn't get any more Southern than Alabama and Mountain Music.

Kim @ This Belle Rocks said...

Wow! I didn't know of any other Kentucky Headhunters fans; love them!