Thursday, December 19, 2013

Top 5 Christmas Songs and Friday Stuff


Today I am following along with Mama Kat and her writing prompts. You do know that is how she started out don't you? You know before she became the YouTube sensation she is now! *grins*

Anyway, one of the prompts is my top 5 Christmas songs. Well, since I love music and the world needs a break from all of the idiocy going lately, this sounded good to me.

Let's see, in no particular order...

1. Mary Did You Know?
This song probably does hit close to the #1 song for me. I love the blend of Kenny Rogers and Wynonna Judd's voices. No one seems to have sung it better in my mind. The thought that such a younger girl would have known what she was bringing into the world boggles the mind.


2.  I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas
This song is without a doubt a favorite of mine. I love Bing's crooner voice. To me, he just exudes Mr. Christmas.


3. Little Drummer Boy
I suppose I have to put this one among my favorites. Of course it is another Bing song but this arrangement with David Bowe is just top notch and I do not think has been matched since.


4. Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer
This next song I am putting on my list because it reminds me of my childhood. We owned the album of Gene Autry and was played so much it had skips in it. In my mind, no one else really can sing the song like he did. He was also the first to record the song which became the #1 best selling song on the Billboard charts for 1949 which to me, makes it a winner.


5. Keep Christmas With You
There are tons of songs that I could put on this list and it is really hard to narrow but ultimately, I had to go with this one. This song is only one of many on the Sesame Street Christmas show that year.
This movie I have watched with my children every Christmas since they were little. The new generation has begun watching it with their parents too. The song reminds of us of how we should be at this time of year but throughout the year in its entirety. I hope you like it as much as I do.



Make sure to go by and link up with these fine people below.


The Jenny Evolution







5 comments:

J said...

I love the same version of Mary Did You Know the best out of them all, too!
Merry Christmas, Naila!

Laura S Reading said...

I love your choices! We would have a lot in common.

csuhpat1 said...

Love the Bing Crosby/David Bowie version.

Where is "Do They Know It's Christmas Time."?

LA Botchar said...

great choices. I love that song Mary Did you Know too.
There are so many great songs -- but I tend to stick with the older classics too.
except Buble. I can listen to him forever.

Karen said...

Love Bing Crosby's White Christmas! And like Rory, I also love Buble's Christmas album. Hope your Christmas is a great one! :>