Sunday, November 2, 2014

Let's Dance to 60's & 70's Music...#MondaysMusicMovesMe


I swear to you lately it seems if you blink the days just move by in a flash. Here it is already Monday again and it is November as well. Seriously, where did this year go?

Well, as it is Monday, that means music with the Monday's Music train crew hosted by Xmas Dolly and co-hosted by Stacy, Callie, Cathy, and Becca.  I am apparently on hold over for another week as Cathy takes another break.

Photobucket

This week we have a theme which I think will be fun...'60's and 70's music. Now, I know this is a wide berth but a lot of great music came out of this era too.
Let me see what I have up my musical sleeves this week.

First up: 1960's
Discovered by Johnny Cash and signed to his record label they got their chance to make wonderful country music together. Ironically, they are not siblings! This group I have been listening to for years.
This was one of their first hits.


Next:
Originally written in 1964 this song by this duo flopped and caused them to break up. However, it became a quite famous song New Years of 1966 and the came back together and created much more music for the masses to enjoy. This video version was a redo in 2009 when they came together to sing it once again.



Let's move on to the 1970's...

This country singer penned 9 verses of which only 6 made it on the record album. The song was about her life living and growing up in the country. It is one of her most well known and loved hits. The song created a movie about the singer later in the 1980's.





Finally:
During the 1970's having a CB was a must have for all car enthusiast. I remember even chatting up some truck driver at the ripe old age of 8 or something...it was also the age of major truck convoys.
The supposed truck driver in this song was fictitious but the song spurred on a TV show of which I also saw.



Make sure you link up your music and I will be by to see you. ~Naila Moon


9 comments:

Catch My Words said...

I'd forgotten how young Neil Simon once was, and the Convoy Song. I hadn't heard that one in ages.

http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2014/11/mm-sixties-and-seventies.html

XmasDolly said...

My daddy was a trucker, and this was his favorite song, "Convoy"! That was always playing loud when it came on the radio and he loved that movie. It was good I have to admit. Great tunes here girlfriend! YOU HAVE ROCKED THE HOUSE ONCE AGAIN! WOO HOO!

Unknown said...

Great theme you gave us, thanks! And Naila, I'm with you - where the heck does the time go? Can you believe it's almost Christmas? Love your songs picks this week because I know and like them all. I'm surprised I'm the only one with a Stevie Wonder. Anywho, thanks for the dance and I hope you have a great week coming up for yourself. Peace.

stevebethere said...

I'm lovin this week seeing all the retro tunes

Good mix and brought back some memories too especially The Sound Of Silence

Have a memorytastic week :-)

csuhpat1 said...

Can't be Convoy. A classic. Breaker, Breaker 10-4 Good Buddy.

LA Botchar said...

Yes! Sound of Silence - one of the greatest songs ever!
Oh my gosh though, I remember that Convoy song -- and there was a movie too. I can remember the grown ups watching it when I was young.

Rebecca said...

You always have great song to enjoy. Thank you for inviting me to hang out. Really enjoyed my dance.

Mascha said...

Without Simon&Garfunkel all was new for me. Most I like Loretta lynn - thanks for the music :-)

Colette S said...

Very good selection Naila.
Thanks for rocking.