Friday, February 12, 2016

8 Virtual Valentine's I Am Giving Out This Year...2016 Edition #Valentine'sDay


As I may have mentioned in the past, I am not a big Valentine's Day kind of gal. I think if you love someone, you should show them all year but that is just me. Anyway, last year I gave out 8 virtual Valentine's and it is now time for the 2016 edition. Ready? They are in no particular order.

1. The first Valentine I have to give out is the homeless guy I saw up at McD's today. In fact, for all the homeless people. You might think that I pass by and do not care. This is simply not true. The fact is, I do care and I care a lot. It is just that I am broke and almost where you are. You deserve to be loved and cared for like anyone else. This is all I have to give right now...and a cheeseburger.


2. I have been thinking a lot about a trip I took to Rome in 2000. There I encountered someone I want to give the next Valentine to. Her name is nameless as the many who work the streets in this country and around the world. So, nameless prostitute, this one is for you. Why, you ask? Well, it is because like the homeless dude above, you deserve to be loved. You deserve to have real love, not like the stuff you dish out to men who do not care. It has always bugged me to see you and my eyes automatically turned downward. I actually wished I had spoken to you then and told you that you were loved. So, this is for you.

Whew...some heavy Valentine giving out there. Huh?  Hang in there with me. 

3. If it is possible to give a Valentine to a thing, I want to give one to my ever present camera. I received you for Christmas and you have been by my side ever since. I know sometimes I let your battery go down and I am truly sorry for that. You constantly see things through your lens that I may not ever get to see again. I am lucky and happy to have you. Of course, I took a crummy photo of you but that could not be helped this time. Nice selfie by the way.


4. This next Valentine goes out to the Red Rock Mountains, the Rocky Mountains, The Garden of the Gods, and the Swiss Alps. Oh...my...gosh...how beautiful you are. I am so fortunate to have seen all of you and best yet, get to see Red Rocks everyday! Your love for me is immeasurable and you keep shining all the years even in monsoons, rain storms, and snow. Thank you, here is my heart in return.



5. I gave this next one out last year but seriously, I got to give one again. This goes to the "elixir of life", Pepsi. You are the omg, I have to get up before noon, love of my life. I get a headache just thinking about not having you. Seriously, you are the best!  However, a little note: that NFL halftime show needed some tweaking this year. It is still ok though, because I love you.

6. Following along those lines, I am giving Peyton Manning a virtual Valentine. You are the man! Whatever that really means, I am not sure. However, you and the rest of the team made this Broncos fan one happy camper. If you decide to retire this year, I would not blame you. The team would miss you but we understand too. I raise my Pepsi to you as I hand you this Valentine.

photo credit

7. I would be amiss if I did not give this next Valentine to a sweet gal who have given me clothes since I arrived here in Sedona. I literally came with 4 small suitcases, all I owned. I had very few clothes in those cases either. She is  hooking me up slowly. I am grateful and she deserves to have this from me. I hope you do not mind sharing Debbie with another gal Linda who gave me some great socks. Don't you adore these socks I just got from her?


8. Finally, this last but certainly not least, Valentine goes to my good friend and "boss" Julie. We have worked together 3 or 4 years now and for someone I have never met in real life, I adore her.
She has kept me with work but more importantly, she has been a dear friend and for that, I can never thank her enough. 

BONUS VALENTINES:
Like last year, I wish to give out a couple of extra Valentines that deserve a high five.
First, my Mom. I am grateful she gave me life...that is the best thing ever. However, she has also taken me in this year when I have been at my lowest point. She is just listening and working to help me gain good footing again. She deserves all the love I can possibly muster! Thanks, Mother. I love you so much!



For my children, children-in-laws, and grand-children, you make me happy. I miss being with you and enjoying your day to day lives. I hope you know how much I really love you!



All my love, Naila Moon

4 comments:

JNoteMusic said...

I love it, especially the elixir of life and the gift to the homeless man. You are like me, a lover of cameras. I would give one to the camera on my phone because it is so good. Love this. Followed back.

Laurie Garrett said...

Awesome! I really enjoyed it!

KatBouska said...

You are surrounded with wonderful people, Pepsi, and beautiful views. What more could a girl ask for!?

kayerj said...

great picks for valentines, and I'm with you on the mountains and pepsi. Happy valentines day and thanks for stopping by.