This week on Top 10 our lovely host, Beth asks us to name our Top 10 Christmas Traditions. I do not think this will be too hard but I will see where it goes.
1. As I blogged about here the tradition of the Advent Candles
2. It has become a tradition to visit Our Lady of the Snows. The
place is so beautiful. Here a few photos from there.
|A million lights|
3. The kids and I always watched this on Christmas Eve or Day
depending on when we had Christmas together. We still do! ;)
4. We also watch Charlie Brown Christmas, Miracle on34th St.,
and many others. My favorite one though is this one:
5. Putting money in the kettles. There is this lady here locally that sings carols as you go in to the store. Makes me smile.
6. Singing Christmas carols to the neighbors. Yeah, we really do.
A few years ago when I was in high school, I roped my friends
in to going house to house to sing. When my kids got older, I
took them and their friends.
7. Since I married Tamirisc, it is the annual taking of our Christmas
photo for our cards. This becomes craziness because Tamirisc
usually does not cooperate. Oh, then there is our family
Christmas photo! See what I mean?
|Tamirisc goofing off in 2009 for our cards.|
|Tamirisc goofing off this year for our cards!|
|Christmas " Family Photo" prior to marriages in 2007|
|Can you say awkward Christmas "Family photo" in 2009?|
8. Listening to Christmas music.
9. Decorating! My Mother starts the weekend after Thanksgiving
and almost up to her annual party.Traditionally, she did inside
and Dad and I did outside ( to stay out of her way). I missed not
being able to decorate with my Dad. Actually, he just kind of
|One of the Nativity in our condo last year|
|My niece surrounded by some of my Mom's decor|
|Part of my snowman collection|
10. Family!! There is nothing like family for the holidays. We are a
rather large family as families go. This year though it is different
as we lost two of our members this year and that is tough on us
and certainly different. We miss them loads!
|Extended family with Grandma 2009|
|Some of us with Dad last year|