Thursday, August 4, 2011

Top 10 Thursday... August 4th...Deserted Island





It is Thursday and that can only mean it is Top 10 List day. It is hosted by Beth over at A Work In Progress. This week she asks "assuming you had advance notice, if you were going to be stranded for an extended period of time on a deserted island, what 10 things would you bring?" (No power sources, boats, airplanes, or satellite phones)


Now, I have to say, if I had advance warning, I simply would not go! :) However, I digress. Here is my 10:



1. Huge tent!

2. A saw for cutting wood or opening coconuts.

3. Since there is no power source other than sun, I will go with a library full of books to pass the time. (that of course would include the Dummies Guide To Getting Stranded On An Island)


4. Fishing pole with a hook. (After all, a girl has to eat.)

5. Solar powered or crank flash light with radio (I want to see what is in the darkness of night and hear some news too. I also want to be rescued eventually.)


6. An emergency bag and a pillow (I suppose that is two things t..ah, well my list. lol)

7. My husband! (the rules did not say I could not bring another person to get stranded with. *grins*)

8. Solar powered water purifier.





9. Solar powered lighter. (yes, there is such a thing!)


10. Inner tube big enough for two! (the rules did not say, I couldn't bring an inner tube...not to mention this one has a rescue flag attached. lol)






 I think I am set now! Peace...Naila Moon



3 comments:

Beth Zimmerman said...

Great list! I would bring my hubby too ... I just mentally included him in the *friends* category. I loved that you would have skipped the whole experience if you had advance notice. LOL! And I think the better Dummies book would be Getting OFF a Deserted Island for Dummies. :)

Unknown said...

Great list! I love the solar powered lighter and water purifier. I've never seen those before but I they would be great on my next camping trip. :)

Stacy said...

You really thought this one out! I kind of thought of solar stuff, but didn't take the time to figure out if they existed or not. The solar lighter is very cool. I should have thought of the crank radio, though.

This is Stacy from A Life Lived Well, by the way, everytime I hit post and it gives me the preview it says it's from Anonymous. :P