Friday, April 25, 2014

Vanished Children


Vanishing children is a parent's worst nightmare. It is a terrible thing for a parent have their child simply vanish and not know where they are or what has happened to them.  

On May 25th of this year, it is National Missing Children's Day. It is a day set aside to raise awareness of children who have gone missing and give hope to parents who are still looking for their children.

I thank the Creator that I have always known where my children were but I did know of a couple of cases that were clearly eerie and one that turned out for the good.

When I was in my early 20's a young teen in my town never turned up at home after leaving her job from a local store. Her parents were the local Methodist pastor and his wife. There was very little clues as to where she may have vanished too or what might have happened to her. The pastor and his wife passed away never knowing what happened to their daughter. She is still missing to this day.

Another case, was that of Shawn White who had been missing for several years, abducted when he was 11. He was found along with another boy who had been abducted for a week in what was called the Miracle in Missouri. 

This pointed out the idea to never give up looking for the vanished children. We have all seen the posters at Walmart and around. Take the time once in awhile to look at them. We may just find them if we keep our eyes peeled.  

I am including the most recent posting from the National Missing Children's Day List of 2013. Go to the website and take a look too. Maybe another miracle will occur!





2 comments:

Colette S said...

This is the most heartbreaking thing to ever have to deal with. I cannot imagine. And I know it affects more than just the family. It is not natural to have people , especially children just disappear.

Thanks for sharing.

LA Botchar said...

I cannot even imagine. A parent's worst nightmare for sure. And to never have closure? Terrible. When I worked in the male prison, we had Canada's most notorious child killer in protective custody there. I couldn't go near him: not because I was afraid OF him -- I was afraid what I might do TO him. Just plain evil.