Sunday, March 18, 2018

Monday's Music Moves Me...Freebie Week #MondaysMusicMovesMe #IGiveSparkles



Hey ya all! I am actually getting here on time for the 4M's! I suppose that is a good thing since I am back co-hosting while Callie is out for a bit. Please put in some good vibes for her. After you listen to my musical selections, follow along with the hop down below.
------------

Before I get to the music though, I started a couple of weeks ago giving out what is called, "sparks" along with McGuffys Reader. Her intent is to start every Monday with an inspirational quote.


-----------------------------------

So, now on to the music. This week it is a freebie week which is always fun to do. I think I am going to stick with the inspirational idea though. So, hang on.

First up: Since this past Saturday was St. Patrick's Day, I got a lot of inspiration with postings on Facebook. I love how Peter Hollins uses his voice to put beautiful and inspirational music together.




Next up: I find a lot of inspiration in just the happiness of people. This song alone makes me happy. What about you?


Finally: I think Lindsey Sterling is one of the most diverse violinists and inspirational players of our time. This songs with John Legend speaks to me.




What inspires you?

~Michelle aka Naila Moon


8 comments:

Cathy Kennedy said...

Michelle,

Thanks for filling in for Callie. It's always excellent having back in the co-host seat. I apologize for not mentioning you on my post today but I'll fix that for next week. I got word a little late and then didn't get a chance to update things.

Your 'SPARKS' quote is excellent encouragement for those who want to live in the past or look to the future only wishing their days away. Living in the moment, celebrating what's before you is the way to live life.

Your first mewsic selection the Scottish Medley Loch Lomand is beautiful! Pharrell Williams "Happy" always sets my body to movin' and it goes without saying it really makes me happy. Ah, I just love Lindsey Sterling and her addition to John Legends' "All of Me" is fabulous. I enjoyed your mewsic choices for freebie week, my friend. Thanks for sharing. Let's keep this party going, it's time to boogie on to the next dance partner. ;)

John Holton said...

My favorite "Happy" video is the one by Jewbellish (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-2skUqszCU). They look like they're having such fun...

Interesting you chose a song with Lindsey Stirling. I chose one that's a cover of another one of hers, performed by a cellist...

"Loch Lomond"... what can I say? We went to Scotland on a delayed honeymoon and took a trip through the Highlands. Loch Lomond is beautiful, and Peter Hollens does the song justice.

Welcome back, even if it's just temporary.

Unknown said...

Woo Hoo! WELCOME BACK my friend! I thank you from the bottom of my heart for filling in for Callie while she is taking a rest. Next time she contacts me I'll fill you in, but do drop her a note and of course prayers. When you send your note use the biggest font possible. She's having problems with her eyes. Anyway, wow thanks for mentioning St. Patrick's day I truly forgot all about that one, but exceptional tune you chose & who doesn't get happy hearing Pharrell Williams song HAPPY! I have to admit thought your last tune is my favorite. By the way, did you know that Lindsey Sterling was on dancing with the stars and she was most excellent. She has so much talent period & to double up with a talented singer/writer as she did does not surprise me. Thanks for the boogie my friend. Welcome back!!! BIG HUGS

pilch92 said...

Nice spark and music choices. I love "All of Me".

Cathy Keisha said...

Happy makes me happy. Thanks for sharing.

Catch My Words said...

Great picks! Pharrell Williams always makes me happy!

bookworm said...

The Loch Lomond song - what a beautiful version. Happy always makes me happy and wanting to dance. Happy you made me happy. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

Michele at Angels Bark said...

Hi Michelle,
This is a cool Freebie post. I wasn't at all familiar with your first song but it's wonderful!
I also hadn't heard the John Legend song with the fabulous violinist Lindsey Sterling. I love the violin. In fact in one of my upcoming color series posts (Red) I'm going to feature my favorite violinist. The violin, harmonica and piano are my favs...

And I love me some Happy! That's such a fun song and I'm so glad that Pharell Williams did it. I can't remember what year it came out (and I'm too lazy to go look it up right now.. :) )

Thanks for the awesome songs and a very inspirational Spark!

Michele at Angels Bark