Sunday, July 29, 2018

Signing In Monday's Music Moves Me #MondaysMusicMovesMe #music #signlanguage

Hello everyone! It is time once again for Monday's Music Moves Me. This is the day we all love to start out our work week by spinning some tunes. This shindig is always hosted by Xmas Dolly and co-hosted by Stacy, Alana, Cathy, and Colette.

This past month I have been an honorary host and it has been a blast. However, I am ready to hand over the reigns to our new honorary host. Before I do, I have a bit of a challenge theme for you this week.

If you have been following me for a while now, you would know that I am actually 95% deaf, It is that 5% that keeps me rocking out at the 4M's. I love music! So, knowing that tidbit, my challenge for you is to find only two songs that are in sign language, post those and then post the equivalent without. There are tons of songs out there, you just have to look for them.

Good luck and thanks for the dances this month. You all have risen to the challenges!
I will be around as soon as I can this week.  Make sure to link up.

Musically yours,
Michelle aka Naila Moon

My first selection...I love this singer and the sign language version makes it even more powerful than it already is.


My next selection...I love this singer as well. This song added to the movie Titanic so well and beautifully.


 ...and now for the original videos...




8 comments:

Cathy Kennedy said...

Michelle,

Thanks for being July's quest co-host. You did a fabulous job and your mewsic theme were quite unique.

I enjoyed both signed versions of your song picks. "Rolling in the Deep" was particularly moving. Thanks for sharing and challenging us with your theme choice for today. Have a boogietastic week!

csuhpat1 said...

Very nice picks. This was an interesting challenge and I hope I succeeded. Have a wonderful week.

DrillerAA said...

Two powerhouse voices in popular music. There are few who can compare to either one but on this day I am in the mood for a little Adele. Have a blessed week.

John Holton said...

I had no idea you were (almost totally) deaf, and it explains today's theme. You chose well with today's songs!

Mike said...

Like John stated, but I am glad you still can enjoy music!

Unknown said...

Great job girlfriend... everyone really pitched in. So tired.. lots of pain today.. talk later. hugs... Great tunes!

bookworm said...

As I mentioned on my blog, this was a most interesting challenge for a number of reasons, and I enjoyed doing the research I did. You chose two powerful songs for your entry, too. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

Michele at Angels Bark said...

I was so enamored with this theme and now I know why you chose it. I really enjoyed digging in and finding the signing songs I chose. You chose two very powerful songs and the signing enhances both beautifully. We both started our playlist with Adele's Rolling in the Deep. I sooo love that song!
I do have to say that I missed the instruction on picking two songs in sign and then posting those same songs with the original videos. Sorry, I didn't do it that way. Hope what I put together you'll approve of anyway...

Thanks for being such a great conductor this month. I still have to do the Numbers post and I will very soon. The summer is my busy time for my business and so much has to take a back seat during this time but I'm looking forward to completing that one too (it's already started so that's a plus!).
LOVED YOUR THEMES this month!

talk soon,
Michele at Angels Bark