Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Did you practice your oohh and ahhhs before the big moment?/Update


Yesterday was July 4th...Happy Birthday USA!
Tamirisc and I sat outside (getting bit by mosquitoes) and enjoyed the shows around Po Dunk. Some people really put on a show too! Whoo.


Anyway, as I sat there (wishing I had bug spray), I could not help to think of how grateful I am to live in a country where I am free. Free to say want I want and live how I want...that is, within reason.


It is a privilege to live here and have those freedoms but yet, we have to take them with responsibility too. Hurting others with our words and our actions is not what having freedom is about nor what I think anyone should be about. I believe we need to take care of each other and be kind to each other. Having said that though, as a nation, we can only do so much.  What I am really talking about is in our own homes...a responsible freedom starts there.


Anyway, I am a grateful citizen and again, Happy Birthday USA. See you again for your birthday next year but maybe with some cake!
-----------------------------------------
Update:
I am still reeling from the events in the last week and last few months. It has been difficult to say the least on my family. I thank you to those who have sent kind words...especially to those that feel my pain at this time because you can relate.  


I hope to get back to regular blogging in the next week. 


Peace...Naila Moon



2 comments:

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

I hope You had a pleasant 4th, I am so sorry for your loss.
Blessings,
~Myrna

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

Thanks Myrna!