Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Advent...part 1

We are now in to our second week of Advent. Last week I meant to share some thoughts and neglected to do. So, I am beginning this week.

What is advent really?
Advent in the simplest terms is the preparations we make in order to wait for the coming of the Christ child's birth. I liken it to waiting for the birth of our own babies for 9 months but in this case we wait for 4 weeks. Anticipation is heightened as each week approaches.  I think I even get excited before the 1st week.  I am amazed when I hear someone has never heard of it before...even in my own family. (I am not sure how that happened.)
I recently came upon a video that explains it best!




That is all for now. Later in this week, I will tell you about some of the traditions of advent held in our home.

Peace...Naila Moon

1 comment:

Shawn said...

Great post, loved the video! Have my advent wreath on a little table with an angel on either side,