Thursday, October 18, 2012

Day 18...Haunted Houses the real and not so real



Welcome back to a late edition of day 18 at my crypt. Tonight in the darkness I am going to discuss with you the spooky, the creepy and downright scary haunted houses...the real and not so real.

Now, I will be the first to tell you that I do not like haunted houses. I will not step foot in them. I cannot say that I have not been in them because I have. A whooping one! Three others I played characters in.

I suppose it is because I do not like the unknown and a slight fear of the dark. I know, I am an adult but this is something I seriously have a tiny issue with.  Anyway, I digress.

I never really have understood the whole paying to get scared out of my wits idea. It made no sense to walk through complete darkness and have someone in a mask jump out at me or for that matter wielding a chain saw. Yeah...ummmm

However, there are many people, like my brothers and kids, that totally get off on the whole thing. Each year they look for the biggest and baddest of them all.  To each his own.

There certainly are some doozies. Four of them are owned by the same company here in Colorado.
The Asylum, The 13th Floor, Undead and Zombieland 
None of these will I visit, thank you very much!



Now, let me move on to the real!  Yes, I said real haunted houses.
Believe it or not, I lived in a couple of them. Not so unfriendly as the spooks were fairly nice in the homes I lived in. One of them was inhabited by at least 3 friendly spirits. The other home was inhabited by one spirit who looked over the house and acted as protector.

However, I have also visited another haunted house that is rather famous in St. Louis. I only visited there because my then 16 year old son wanted to visit it as a birthday present.

This house, known as the Lemp Mansion, is inhabited by several members of the Lemp family of beer brewers. Three or four of these members committed suicide in this very house and to this day are known to haunt the halls.

When we visited there I had an encounter with Uncle Lemp that was most chilling, literally and figuratively. Let's just say that all I saw was his body and no head. Yikes!!!

Needless to say, I have no desire to go back there again but the history of the place is quite fascinating.  In about a week or so I will have a story about this place. So, make sure to watch for it.

Until then, if you wish to know more about the Lemp go HERE.



Haunted houses real or not so real are certainly not for the faint of heart. If you like them, then by all means go visit. I will catch you down at the local coffee shop afterward. 

Your Crypt Keeper,
Naila Moon


No comments: