Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Day 23...Halloween can be so trivial



Hello there Boils and Ghouls. It is day 23 of the Halloween countdown. This year we are going to be home and passing out candy to our new neighbors.  We have not gone to get candy yet because frankly, do not want to kill my diet. LOL

Anyway, since I have no candy to hand out to you, I though I would just throw some Halloween trivia your way. Hmmm...
So, see if you can answer these with out Google-orbing (my coined term for looking up on Google). Ready?

1. What was the most popular candy in 2004?
a. Snickers  b. Candy Corn c. M&M's d. Tootsie Rolls

2. According to superstition, if you stare into a mirror at midnight Halloween, what will you see?
a. Bloody Mary b. Your Death c. Your Future Spouse d. Dead Ancestors



3. Jack 'O Lanterns were originally made out of what?
a. Watermelon b.Pumpkins c. Turnips d. Coconuts

4. How much does the world's largest pumpkin weigh?
a. 245 lbs. b. 485 lbs. c. 858 lbs. d. 1,385 lbs.

5. What ancient festival do most people think Halloween evolved from?
a. Samhain b. Lammas c. Beltane d. Ostara

6. How many "witches" were burned at the stake in the Salem Witch trials?
a. 23  b.12  c.6  d. none 

7. According to legends, uni brows, tattoos and long middle fingers are what Halloween creature?
a. witch b. golem c. werewolf d. vampire

8. How many pounds of candy were consumed in 2002 by the average American?
a. 6 lbs. b. 12 lbs. c. 24 lbs. d. 48 lbs.



9. Pumpkins traditionally were carved for what purpose?
a. to keep evil spirits away  b.decorations  c.believed that the dead could find comfort when lit  d.none of these

10. The first city to officially recognize Halloween in 1921 was?
a. St. Louis, Missouri  b. Anoka, Minnesota  
c. Salem, Massachusetts  d. New Orleans, Louisiana

Hope you enjoyed this! For the answers go HERE. *While you are there will you follow me?*

~Naila Moon


source
another source



3 comments:

XmasDolly said...

1. I'll probably fail this whole thing, but I'll give er' a go. M&M. 2. Never heard that one before, but I know it's not Bloody Mary you do something else for that one. 3. I didn't know that. Told you I was gonna bomb out. 4. 485 lbs. how do I know. I wanna know how they moved the dam thing. LOL 5. Where did you get these questions? 6. 12 what the hell an even dozen. 7. There better be answers some place. Werewolf. 8. DAM - POUNDS??? Okay I give. 12. And I was gonna go to bed after I said hello. SHEESH! 9. to keep evil spirits away FINALLY! 10. I HAVE NO CLUE... New Orleans, Louisiana. HMMMMMMMM NO wonder no one left a comment they didn't want to look like a big dummy like me! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

XmasDolly said...

2 RIGHT????????????????????????? OH BROTHER! I SUCK!

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

OMG Girlfriend, you totally cracked me up!!!