Monday, October 7, 2013

Halloween Countdown Day 8 & Coffee Chat


I am joining Rory at Time Out For Mom again for coffee chat. We are discussing the above photo.
I am also continuing on my Halloween countdown.

First coffee chat.

http://amothersluv.blogspot.com//"> border="0" src="http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb377/rorybore/coffeechat-2.jpg"/>
>

Now Rory certainly posed a question and a half to discuss over coffee today. First one must assume by the question that you will get old. As I fully expect to live well past 100 and not care about my actual age, I find this question intriguing.

However, in actually answering the question at hand, I would have to say, I would care about what I care about now. That is, family, friends, love and laughter. I always want to live life at the fullest no matter what my age is. I want to have made a difference in the lives of others.

I also want to know that I mattered to others too and that I am remembered and not forgotten.
I truly think our elders have so much to teach us and we do not give them the chance and often cast them aside.

She is beautiful isn't she? Think of what she has to offer.

----------------
Halloween Countdown

This week I am discussing Halloween-ish books and pumpkins.

On my other blog, Once Upon A Time, I reviewed a book by R. L. Stine. I'll wait while you go and read that review.


Now, if you are familiar with him at all, you will know he has written several books for kids, produced several TV series and has even written an adult book too. His series of Goosebumps was a favorite among my kids. They loved to be spooked out by his writing but not so much it gave them nightmares.

I really like this writer as he allows kids to imagine and to get all spooked out but does so in a fun and really rather harmless way. This is a win for me.

~Naila Moon

3 comments:

LA Botchar said...

No worries about getting a week ahead - LOL. If it wasn't for my chat, I probably wouldn't know what day of the week it was. ha
And I love that picture - I see so much in her face: life, love, the secret hint of smile. And you're right - too often we cast our elders aside. But if we forget about our past, our history --- it will soon forget us too.
Goosebumps was a great series. I bet my son would like it.

retired not tired said...

I have lost track of a lot of children's book writers since my own children have grown up however I look forward to reading to my grandchildren.

Cathy Kennedy said...

My youngest daughter liked RL Stine's the Goosebumps collection. She liked him so much that I believed some of her early writings were patterned after his style.