Saturday, October 12, 2013

Halloween Day 12...more books and pumpkins

Not my photo
We are well into the weekend now and I want to finish up my post about Halloween books and pumpkins.

First I am going to share a delicious pumpkin story that I wrote a year or so ago. It is meant to be in only 100 words total. Hope that you like it.





5 Little Pumpkin
By MR aka Naila Moon of the Grey Wolf
Reposted on Oct. 12, 2013

She was new to this gig and had to get this absolutely right. She would have to fly far just to find the right one. An important mission indeed and she couldn't screw it up.

It happened that she flew past Salem and landed in a lovely pumpkin patch. There she saw five beautiful specimens sitting in a row.

“Ah, this one will work perfectly,” she thought, “It is nicely kissed.”

With all her might she took the pumpkin back to the shabby cottage and placed it carefully in the rocky driveway. Yes, the girl will have a lovely ride.

-----------------------------------

I went Goodwill shopping today and it just happened to be 50% off of the whole store. I thought I was in thrift store heaven! I went to actually look for some stuff for my costume. Believe me when I say, I have no idea about that.

Anyway, while I was there, I picked up two spook-tacular kids books. For a frighten-ly great cost of 50 cents for both!


The first one was The Haunted House. This is one of those chose your own ending books they used to sell. My kids loved reading these over and over with a different ending each time. This particular book has 18 possible endings for a truly frightful experience each time.


The second book I picked up was Monster Jokes. Now, I do not know any kids, anywhere, that didn't learn one or two jokes and repeat them over and over to nausea. Of course not laughing or at least groaning each time would have just been wrong.

Please allow me to share a couple with you.
What did the werewolf say to the alphabet?
Answer: I came to eat U.

*insert evil laughter here*

What does a zombie use in the morning?
Answer: Aftergrave lotion


*insert groan here*

Maybe I will share one a day with you all this coming week. We shall see. Until then...boo!
~Your Crypt Keeper,
Naila Moon

4 comments:

Wings1295 said...

Some good finds there! :)

XmasDolly said...

The books looks so cute for the kids. Heck, I'd like to read the first one! hahahahaha

Adaptable Kay said...

Hold. The. Phone....Since when does Goodwill do 50% off days and where was/am I when this occurs!? LOL

I quite enjoy your short story! Who doesn't love picking out just the right pumpkin every year? :)

LA Botchar said...

I loved those choose your own ending books when I was a kid. I have a couple still that I am giving to my son. So far he's not that interested.
those jokes are great, even I did groan: totally using them on my kids.