Monday, April 30, 2018

U, V,W,X,Y, Z!!! The end of A-Z Challenge 2018 #MondaysMusicMovesMe #AtoZ #Music #signlanguage #IGiveSparks

Hello, my musical friends.  I am sitting here listening to someone play the piano. How apropos for Monday's Music Moves Me. Our theme this week is a freebie which works for the last few letters to do this challenging month.

Our format is going to be changing a little bit. More about that in a moment.

Speaking of challenges, this is also the last day for the A-Z Challenge. It has been a particularly challenging this time around for me with net issues and personal issues in the way BUT I have finished and that is what is most important.

So, as I also give out a spark on Monday's here is one for you to chew on.


So, on to the music. I wanted to let you know that today is also my last day of co-hosting again. I stepped in to help out while Callie is on hiatus. As with other things this month, it was a challenge to keep going. I hope the things that have been difficult this month will smooth out soon.

Having said that, I want to introduce Alana to you as a new co-host. She is an excellent choice to join this musical train and has big shoes to fill too. lol Please welcome her on board!


Beginning next month, the formatting for 4M's will change a bit. There will still be a linky but one person will be an honorary co-host and pick the themes for the month which of course includes our freebie weeks. Sounds awesome to me!

So, rounding up the A-Z Challenge of music in sign language:


This U song is a throwback to the 1980's with MC Hammer. I love this dance troupe!




This V song is a new one to me by the Christian group Casting Crowns. This is the second version I found and it spoke to me. She is so expressive with her sign language.





This W song was such an earworm when it first came out and goofy fox costumes were prized possessions. Remember again, this is a dance troupe's interpretation with ASL.




This X song cracked me up a bit. Not because of the song itself, but of the interpreter's translation of it. The little disco ball kills me!





This Y song is from a favorite movie of mine. This is the first version I saw to post BUT  note that it is not safe for him to be signing with both hands while he is driving. This would never be approved of by the deaf community.




Finally, I come to the letter Z in songs in sign language. This one has to be wow, right? So, I give you...ZERO. It is about people with disabilities having zero barriers in the world.



Thanks for hanging out with me for the A-Z challenge and for being so patient! Make sure to link up and enjoy others music too. 

Until next time, musically yours,
Michelle aka Naila Moon



3 comments:

John Holton said...

You had a great theme and I'm glad you finished at your own pace. Congratulations!

bookworm said...

Congratulations for finishing the A to Z Challenge. I had never thought of muting these videos until now. I did that with a couple of them, and it was a way different experience. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

Stacy Uncorked said...

Great song choices, Michelle! I'm with Alana - I never thought of muting them, and did so...definitely a different experience! You rock! :) Enjoy the rest of your weekend - 'see' you on the dance floor next week! ;)