There are many things that will bring me joy on a daily basis. Sometimes it is as simple as finding a penny on the ground or something large like winning the Publisher's Clearing House. Okay, so I haven't really won the PCH but I can dream.
This week I was asked what 7 things bring me joy. I thought I would list the 7 most consistent things. These are in no particular order.
1. A baby's smile just gives me unspeakable joy. I cannot help but to smile myself when I see a baby smile. Sometimes I wonder what they are thinking when I see them smiling in their sleep. I imagine it dreaming of clouds and puppy dogs. Most likely, it is because they just stunk their pants.
|free to use image-credit to photographer|
2. A bottle of Pepsi. I know, Pepsi has been on other lists of mine. I simply cannot help myself but I like the stuff. Since I am not a coffee drinker per se, Pepsi will be my go-to pick me up every time. I am a better joy to be around when I have had my joy.
3. Books! Hands down, I love to read! A real book in my hand gives me joy. I love the smell of them, the look of them, the feel of the pages in my hands. I love them so much that I...(Shameless plug coming)...created this blog. Reading Authors
|Another Shameless Plug-This book I Co-Wrote|
4. Unexpected presents. My birthday is this Saturday and I hope I receive a present or two. I may or may not but that is no matter. What I really love is one someone gives me something unexpected. I love the surprise of it and the fact that someone took their time out to think of me. For example, I recently was given a painting from a friend that I mentioned I loved that she did. She left it on my porch for me while I was gone to work. Unexpected!
5.Old black and white photographs. Today was can choose a filter to make photos black and white but not too long ago we had actual film. I used that kind of film a lot in my years of taking photos. My Dad did too. I especially love looking at photos of people. I often will look at them and wonder what they were thinking. Who were they? I have found joy in trying to find out who they were. I also have found joy in looking at some of my Dad's old photos.
6. Making people laugh. I think I get a ton of joy out of watching people laugh with my antics. Sometime it is as simple as some stupid hat I have put on. Just the other day, I started a plastic ball fight with my co-workers. Their fun and laughter made it a great day.
|Case In Point|
7. Getting to know people. I am not exactly an extrovert but not a complete introvert either. So, I do like to sit down with people and get to know them. I especially like to talk to old people and find out about them. If I take the time to listen, I can find out the most fantastic things. Not too long ago, I was sitting on a bench when an older man sat down to rest. He began telling me about himself. It turns out he was a WWII vet and had some fascinating tales.
What brings you joy? Tell me in a comment.
PS> Want to join the Mama Kat Writer's Workshop every Thursday? Find out details here.