Saturday, December 1, 2012

Sunday Christmas Stories...The Advent Wreath

Our family Advent wreath on Christmas Day

Hi everyone. As promised, every Sunday I am going to tell you a personal Christmas story via a video I made. Today's story is about our family Advent wreath. The video is below but before I get to that a little trivia.

Trivia
Advent wreaths come from pre-Christian Germany where it was cold and dark. Evergreens were gathered and fire lit in order to welcome the light and hope for coming Spring and renewed light.

By the 16th century, Christians had kept the Advent tradition alive but changed it for the light and hope of Christ.





See you tomorrow.



1 comment:

XmasDolly said...

Wow, that was a Christmas miracle indeed. I totally agree with you. Love your professional looking vlogs I wish I knew how to do that. Totally cool. Thanks for sharing your story. You really should advertise more so people will come see your cool stuff. Like putting it on FB a couple times and tweet it 3 or 4 times during the day. I'll do on now.