Saturday, September 21, 2013
Peace and Gratitude
It seems to me that being a peaceful world seems like a lofty goal when we have on-going wars and threats of, when there are people being killed everyday right in our own neighborhoods and when violence is seen everyday on the TV and papers. Lofty goal indeed!
However, does that mean we should not wish for it? We should not strive for it? No!
We have to, we must! Our only hope for a truly peaceful world is to work for it but we have to start within.
We have to calm those storms of hatred and repression for our fellow human beings. We have to look within and know that we are at peace with ourselves and our own home before we can be at peace with the world around us. That is where it starts...within.
Some things you can do today:
1. Smile. The first act of peace is smiling at one another. It sets a level of understanding that knows no barriers.
2. Promote peace/be an example. When you promote peace, peace catches on. Our future generations need to see us being at peace within ourselves and with others. Blog it, live it, love it!
3. Do something nice. Just by doing something nice for another makes the world that much more of a peaceful place to live in.
4. Go on a walk in your neighborhood or a nearby park. Get in tune with nature. While you're there pick up trash along the way.
5. Do the pinwheel for peace project and stick them out in your yard.
6. Make paper cranes and send them to someone with a note of gratitude.
7. Dance and sing. Enjoy the life you are given.
8. Send someone a real letter. With all the junk mail we get in our mailboxes it would be nice to get real mail with just a word of encouragement. Send one or two or three.
9. Meditate. Calming the inner storms first and then working outward promotes peace and understanding.
10. Start a Pennies for Peace project in your home or town
Have a great day my friends. I appreciate you all always.