Friday, February 7, 2014
Friday Stuff Olympic Style...2/7/14
The Winter Olympic games are finally here. Are you watching?
I do like watching the opening ceremonies to see what each host country does with it but other than that, I really do not get into it too much. I may see something here or there. In the winter games I like to watch the ice skating competitions, especially couples...they wow me.
If you do watch the games there are several things you can do as a family to enhance the experience.
1. Today is National Bubble Gum Day too so, have a bubble gum competition.
2. Set up a mini course inside your home or backyard and "compete".
3. Host an Olympic Party
4. Keep a large chart of all the medal winners for each country.
5. Make food from the host country and have a tasting day.
6. Create your own medals using materials around your house.
7. Explore what countries have come to the games and the flags from each. Draw each flag and cut them out.
8. Collect the pins
As you can see, this is only a few ideas you can do. There are myriads of ideas and of course you can always go to my Pinterest board or those of others and get ideas too!