Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day 14...On being good enough


Very recently my daughter's fiance' broke up with her. He broke up with her to go out with another girl. He lead her to believe that it was only a short time so he could get his act together...blah, blah, blah...you know the drill.

This is not the first time that this kind of thing has happened to her or me or---->you name girl here. (to be fair, some men/boys too)  What it has done is to question is she good enough.

Could she be less fluffy? Could she be younger? Could she wear more make up? Could dress sexier? Again...blah, blah, blah

The answer of course is...SHE IS GOOD ENOUGH...YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH!  

Did I yell that loud enough?  If not, I will yell it again.

YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH!!!!

We women are lead to believe from the time we are born that we are never good enough for another.  We are told that there is some flaw in us that has to be fixed. We are told the only way to find a significant other is to look a certain way. Don't believe me, turn on the TV one day for oh...2 minutes.

For my Mom it was: she was not 5'2" and eyes of blue. For me it was: not thin enough and too tall. For my daughter (and I might mention my niece here too): not thin enough and maybe a tad bit too intelligent.

 I am sick of it!  What is so wrong with just being who you are?  Once people actually get to know you, they may find out that you are really just one fantastic person and can over look your crazy eye brows. It is no wonder some teens feel less than adequate and the only way they think to fix it is to commit suicide.

What I am trying to get at is we women (and those men) are good people. If people stopped looking at the outside and looking to the inside you might just find something quite wonderful.

My motto: Take a moment to know me and I will take a life time to know you.

Think about it.

Until tomorrow, peace...

Naila Moon

No comments: