Sunday, September 4, 2011

Day 5...Music Moves Me... All the Way Back to the 70's

Spotlight Dancers
If you have been reading my blog for awhile, you will know that Monday is one of my favorite blogging days. I get to move and groove with Xmas Dolly at her fun meme Monday's Music Moves Me.

This week I picked the theme which is "Back to the 70's". 


I told Dolly that I remember being a kid and roller skating to the tunes of the day.  As I could walk to the roller rink, as it was literally down the street, and it was cheap, I went a lot!



So getting on to my picks this week I am going to start with this one from 1975:  (I remember every version of this one and it was one that my Mom used in her high school dance shows)



Don't you just love the groovin' in that one!


Next up from 1976:


How about this one from 1975:(they were actually one of my personal favorites)




And finally, this one from 1974:


Have a great Labor Day and I will see you tomorrow!
Peace...Naila Moon

PS.>Bonus! This is a compilation of all the #1 hits for the era (note: I am NOT promoting the CD's) 



4 comments:

Stacy Uncorked said...

Love all your choices!! I roller skated to those, too! :)

We Will Rock You with a Bohemian Rhapsody on the Stairway to Heaven in your Hotel California

Classic NYer said...

Great choices! I never roller skated to these though...

XmasDolly said...

Love your choice of themes. Thank you so much. Also, love your song choices! I don't remember skating to any of these, but I do remember dancing to them on party night out with the girls! We had a blast! Happy Labor Day & thanks for playing along. See ya next week! So very happy you love Monday's as much as I do.

Colette S said...

Ooh I'm so not rocking the boat. Ooh yes I'm rocking the boat. Whooooo Love your choices!!!
Aloha!