Sunday, July 15, 2012

Mondays Music Moves Me...Gone But Not Forgotten...July 16, 2012




Hi everyone. It is Monday and time to rock out with Xmas Dolly and the conductors for Mondays Music Moves Me.  This is the 98th posting for the 4M's and in two weeks...YES, TWO WEEKS...we will be celebrating our 100th anniversary posting. Wow!  I hope you have been playing along and of course entering the giveaways too. 


This week we have a theme: "Gone but not forgotten". we are paying homage to all those people who have made the music world but are now not among our midst. Hmm...let's see what I have for you this week.


Most recently this actor passed away but he was also an accomplished musician:



This singer is one of my favorites:



Next up...who hasn't been romanced with this guy singing in the background:



Next...this guy sang with the above two:



Finally...although this guy did not sing himself he helped to promote and jump start many careers. Thanks for the music!



Peace...Naila Moon


Bonus: Les Elgart and Bob Horn were the original music writers of the theme song for Bandstand. Bob Horn was also the original host of American Bandstand as well. Bruce Howard Sussman wrote the lyrics. It was only in 1977 that Barry Manilow rewrote the song.

PSS>This week I also linked up with:


LadyJava's Lounge


                                                                               and

 The Unofficial Chart Blog



13 comments:

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

I just realized this was supposed to be those recently deceased. Ah well...I like the theme anyway! lol

XmasDolly said...

Thank you for sharing such sweet memories with us. I didn't know Barry White passed away. Wow, he was one of my favorites for the longest time probably because my youngest son sings just like him. Did you know he crocheted or knitted something like that. Totally cool & ol' blue eyes! Girl that is so cheating. hubba hubba he sure didn't change much over the years he was always gorgeous. No wonder he was at the top of the billboard for forever! Great choices thanks for sharing. Good luck with the give-away. Hey would ya cover my back today. I'll be at the docs most of the morning. Thanks!

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

Got ya covered!

maria said...

Thank you for the music Barry White.

Liz @ ASL

LA Botchar said...

don't mind at all that you included some Ole Blue Eyes! And oh oh...could Pavarotti ever sing. so incredible.

Stacy Uncorked said...

Awesome choices, Naila! I hadn't realized Barry White was gone. Such awesome talent! Have a great week! :)


Our Day Will Come so I Wanna Dance With Somebody at Heartbreak Hotel but not Nasty Dan because Some Things Never Change when you’re Hooked On An 8 Second Ride

Colette S said...

Wow these are all great picks honey! I love the list! Great reminders of those great artist!

Thank you for sharing with us today.
Have a fun week!

Danielle S said...

All wonderful choices. I loved Pavarotti. He had a great voice! Thanks for sharing.

Danielle @ Royalegacy

Lucy said...

Ah, such great voices, I don't often listen to White and Pavarotti, loved this post!!

XmasDolly said...

That's my girl. On my way to see everyone so they don't think I forgot them... hope I can make it. Doc says to me so let's get started. Then he says when is that party again? And I turned and saw that dam needle again. I swear that mutha is 10 inches long if not more. So I said to him "GEEZ MAN, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU"! WHAAAA he says. I told you before don't ask me questions cuz I'll turn my head and see that freakin' sword you're holding! And he LAUGHS! AND HE MIMICS ME AND SAYS GEEZ I TOLD YOU NOT TO MAKE ME LAUGH! LOL He's a great guy! I totally trust him, but DAM THAT NEEDLE IS LONG! Go read my comments I put one there you might get a kick out of to show you where my mind was this morning. LOL

XmasDolly said...

Hubby has problems again with his post. I clicked on his name and I was sent here: Your current account (xmasdolly704@gmail.com) does not have access to view this page.
Click here to logout and change accounts. He really needs to get that fixed!!!! Let me see if I can figure another way!

Cathy Kennedy said...

Terrific job pulling out some gone, but forgotten names from the list that I didn't think of or missed in my Google search one. Thanks for sharing. Keep the groove a movin' and have an amazing week. BTW, I like the flower with Monday's Music Moves Me with the theme on it. Cool idea! ^.^

Kim @ This Belle Rocks said...

Great selections, Naila! Legends, all of them.