Sunday, November 15, 2015

Monday's Music Moves Me



Hello, all. First off an apology for not getting around to ya all. I have been nursing a cold and my life was turned topsy-turvy the first of the month.  A Little bit of craziness but all is working out ok. In case you are wondering, my daughter, son-in-law, and grandson moved in with us until the end of the holidays.

It has been an adjustment having a small apartment, four adults and a whirlwind of a toddler, BUT I love it too! *Wink*

Anyway, on to our favorite musical day of the week, Monday's Music Moves Me. I co-host this shindig along with host, Callie, Stacy and our musical hostess, Xmas Dolly.

This week we have the theme of "Big Bands Era". I am not sure we have done that theme before even though, I have posted some of those songs.

It turns out that my father-in-law, whom I never met, was a big band musician. Somewhere in our house we have albums he actually cut with his bands. I dedicate this post in his memory.



First up: When I think of big bands, the first comes to mind is Glenn Miller. Note: Did you know that after Glenn Miller entered the military his plane went down and was never seen again?



Next up: Then there is Benny Goodman.In this paricular segment, the singer is Peggy Lee, whom was one of my Dad's favorite singers.



Finally: Duke Ellington will always be known as big band! This is one of my favorites!




Have a great musical week! See ya tomorrow! ~Naila Moon



3 comments:

Catch My Words said...

I love the big band sound and would have been glad to partake, but it was posted way too late. I have work tomorrow and can't wait up to find out the topic and then write my post.

http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2015/11/can-you-feel-your-face.html

stevebethere said...

I am gonna have chattanooga choo choo on my brain all day now (yes I do have one ) heheh!

Hope your feeling better now Naila ...sniff sniff have a brilliantlytastic day :-)

I am big bandless too :-(

Stacy Uncorked said...

Awesome choices as usual, Naila! And one shows two great minds... ;)

Very cool you letting your daughter and family move in for the holidays in spite of the limit of space...just think how festive it'll be! ;)

In My Daughter’s Eyes i’m gonna Sing, Sing, Sing on the Chattanooga Choo Choo with Teenage Daughters