Sunday, November 8, 2015

Monday's Music Moves Me...Freebie Week! #MondaysMusicMovesMe


Welcome back to the best musical day of the week , Monday's Music Moves Me. It is hosted by the musical conductor of Xmas Dolly and co-hosted by the music train crew of, Stacy, Calli, and myself.
Let's go!

This week is freebie week which tends to be a musical education day so, let's see what I have for you and you have for me.


First up:
 I sometimes get on these, what I call tangents, where I get fixated on a certain thing. Yesterday, it was on American Idol. I was wanting to see (hear) the music from 2002 with Kelly Clarkson and Justin Guarini. That lead me to people who did not win, like Justin. However, here they are together!



Next up:
Keeping in this still frame of mine, one of my favorites on the earlier shows was Clay Aiken who lost to the "Big Teddy Bear" Reuben. This song, in my mind, made him the best singer of the lot.


Finally:
This David who I could only refer to as Mr. Bedroom Eyes, lost out to the other David, Mr. Rock & Roll. I loved both of them in very different ways.




6 comments:

Stacy Uncorked said...

Those brought back great memories of the early days of American Idol! Perfect choices, Naila! :) Thanks so much for the dance - have a great week! :)

don’t Drag Me Down with Cheap Wine and Cigarettes let’s go High Class so i can be Drunk On Your Love but not Drink You Away

stevebethere said...

I quite liked them I lurrrve Kelly Clarkson we have The X-Factor going on at the moment unfortunately their all quite bad this year LOL.

Have a luminairetastic day Naila :-)

csuhpat1 said...

Very nice. I loved the Kelly Clarkson tune.

XmasDolly said...

I don't think I ever saw or heard that tune that Kelly and Justin did. Thanks for sharin'! Great idea. YOU ROCK!

Cathy Kennedy said...

Michell, well, girl it's been awhile since I've danced with you and for that I'm VERY sorry. Life tends to be teetering for us with DH still out of work, but I remaining optimistic that something wonderful will open up soon for him. I really enjoyed all the former AI artists you featured. Kelly Clarkson seems to go in different directions with her singing style. This arrangement was very beautiful with Justin. All fabulous music you shared today. Have a tunetastic week and be blessed!

Colette S said...

I really need to find more of Kelly's tunes.
Thanks for sharing these and enjoy your day!