Sunday, November 25, 2012

Day 25...Art vs Craft and my art too! :)

 


 I am getting in a bit late this evening with this post but better late than never right?

Anyway, I have been working very diligently on a piece of art but before I show you the done deal, I want to address something I saw on another bloggers blog today. That is...


Is there really any difference between art and craft. My immediate answer is no there isn't and my research showed that most people see no difference. I mean after all, can't a craft also be seen as art? 

However, upon further research, I found an article that summed it up this way.

  1. Art is a form of work that expresses emotions and expressions. Craft is a form of work, which has a physical form just like in moulding and carving.
  2. While Craft is quantified, Art seldom is.
  3. One can create duplicate craft forms, which is not possible with art.
  4. Art forms move people emotionally, whereas crafts attract people.
  5. Unlike craft, art is known to come out of the heart and soul. Crafts are a product of the mind.
  6. In art, it is the emotions that flow out whereas in craft no emotion is involved.
  7. Art comes out from a person’s innate talents whereas craft is the result of experience.

Although, I get the point here it still seems like to me that the difference comes down to the eye of the beholder. There is certainly some things that I would never consider as art but in the art world they are all the rave. 

Anyway, on to my own art project. This took me a few days to gather the materials and to actually do. Materials used: posterboard, acrylics, found tags plastic holly piece, real wood. I give you my advent calendar.

Me beginning my painting




finished with painting the tree and adding tags (each tag has a number on it that will be turned over each day)

added a snowman -yes, I painted him/her too. Tamirisc got the real twigs for me at a local park.

made "presents" to go around the tree-yes, they are painted too

My finished advent calendar for Christmas


So, do you like it? Tell me in comments. I would love to hear from you.



No comments: