Saturday, January 11, 2014

52 Update...off to a great start!


Since I made such bold statements about what I was going to be "determined" to do this year by doing 52 things, I thought I should at least update you once in awhile.  I promise not to have an update every week but maybe once a month. Sound good?

I certainly have been off with a flying start.
I already have read three books. One I highly recommend is Yellow Star.  Just click on the title there and go read my review. It will take your breath away and you certainly will look at life a little differently.

I began my A-Z video series with a quick and easy tutorial you can do with your kids. Check that out here. *Shameless plug alert* Will you subscribe while you are there?

I have also begun my money challenge! Yes, money in the bank!
I am also off and running with my weekly selfies. Here is week two.


Lastly, for this update anyway, I have already finished two of the items. The first was to organize my bedroom closet. I made a mistake and did not take a beginning but this is what it looks like now!



The closet was originally a catch all, jumbled mess. Now, everything has its place and we have space to spare.

The final thing I did was make a piece of art using recycled materials. I had joined a journaling group just today and decided for the first prompt they had to do just this. The prompt was, "Up, up and away" which actually reminded me of the song by The 5th Dimension.
That began my muse but it turned into something totally different.

Fabric samples for curtains acquired when a store went out of business

Old thread that I sewed to the paper, fringe cut from fabric samples, old mailing stickers

Leftover mason jar lid from another project and paint chip samples

 Even though the paint is new, I use a piece of cardboard for my brush. The brighter blue tint is a paint called "Star Dust." Perfect!

My finished journal page
In the end, I felt like this was a beautiful balloon carriage that is lead by the angels for those who are headed to the afterlife. They get to ride up, up, and away in the beautiful balloon to the heavens. Cool,huh?

~Naila Moon

3 comments:

XmasDolly said...

Totally cool, and love the cute little story. Your imagination runs wild girlfriend and you're definitely on another planet. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday - but where are your songs for Monday's Music - Ahhhh, busy crafting I see. Hahahaha!

Laura S Reading said...

Happy Birthday!
You are off to a great start - and an inspiration to others to hang in there!