Friday, January 31, 2014

Experiment in February/Friday stuff!


February is heart healthy month. My husband had a heart attack the year before I met him. So, to say he needs to take care of his heart is an understatement. He did well for a few years but has slacked off. Yes, I get concerned about it.

My own health is another issue and just like everyone I know, it could also use some improvement and needs to be taken care of. So, for the month of February we have decided to do something about that as an experiment of sorts.

For the entire month we have decided to go vegetarian. I know that some of you out there are gasping at the notion. Others of you are clapping in rejoice as you have been all along. Suffice it to say, it is not the easiest of choices for us. We are meat eaters!

However, my husband and I are committed to this. We want to see if eating vegetarian will really make a difference. We want to see if it will make a difference in our grocery bill too. If we like the change, we may let the experiment go longer.

In preparation, we took our calendar and filled in meals for every day.  We looked up vegetarian meals online and in Pinterest. As it turns out, I have been saving recipes for a long time as my cousin is a vegetarian.Yesterday, Tamirisc went shopping for our first week. So, it is a go as of tomorrow.

I will blog how it goes and maybe share a recipe or two. Wish us luck.


4 comments:

Colette S said...

I think that is fantastic and you both can be strong for each other!
And share your recipes and so on!

Way to go girl!

Catch My Words said...

Good luck with your new eating plan. You can do it!

http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

Ronalee said...

That is awesome! Good luck and I hope you have great results.

Adaptable Kay said...

Good for you both taking charge of your health like that! The thing about being more conscious of your health is not going gung-ho-guns-a-blazing but to do things exactly like you're doing them: slowly! This way you're experimenting to see what works and what doesn't and like you said if it works, you might just go a little longer :)

Good luck and more importantly have fun with the challenge!