Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Coffee Chat...Halloween edition part 1/Countdown-day 1



Hello my Boils and Ghouls,

Today is the first of October and the first day for my countdown to Halloween. I am also joining Rory at Time Out For Mom for her coffee chat sessions. I tend to bring water but she does not mind. hee hee

 
Her topic of the day is:
"If life were a video I could rewind, I’d go back...."

Well, I have to tell you, frankly I would not rewind. Why you ask? Simply because I am who I am today because of the past and the path I have taken. I fear that if I rewind, the people in my life and the places I have been would no longer have existed. I mean certainly there are always things I wished I could have done better but by doing so, other things would not have occurred or at least when they did.

Since Rory would like for me to rewind though and it being October 1st, I will rewind to a fun time I had with my Dad during Halloween.




This crazy man never would admit that he really liked Halloween and messing with the young tricksters that frequented our house. (More about that later.)

As my Dad has now been gone from this plane of existence for two years, I miss his fun self. It was not one he always showed but at Halloween, boy did it come out to play! Yeah, that is him up there in the photo. Funny and a memory of days gone by and one that I do not wish to erase by rewinding my life.

See what I mean?

*** Don't forget to tune in and join me this week in the countdown as I discuss different costumes and Halloween family fun.

Your crypt keeper,
~Naila Moon

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! Different Halloween costumes, exciting! Love the picture of your dad!

retired not tired said...

My SIL considers Halloween his favorite season. He loves to dress up and take on a new persona. He does a great Jim Carey as the Pet Detective.

LA Botchar said...

Rewinding back to good memories isn't so bad at all. But I guess that is more like visiting memory lane than an actual rewind.
And that picture is awesome!! He must have been a lot of fun this time of year - looking forward to hearing more.
And the costume thing; because frankly...I am at a loss this year.

Kisma said...

Everything about this month makes me giddy! I adore Halloween and look forward to your posts!