Tuesday, October 26, 2010

October blog challenge-Day 23 through Day 26

Wow, I am 3 days behind in the blog challenge. Does that mean I failed it? 
I have a good excuse...homework! Enough said! Anyway, on to the challenges.
Where I last dropped off the face of the Earth was day 22. So without further ado...


Day 23-How you want to be remembered


Although this one may be a little morbid, I am not going to look at it that way. 
I suppose I would like to be remembered as a good Mother,Wife, Grand-mother,Daughter, Aunt, and Sister. I would like people to remember me as someone who cared about other so deeply that sometimes I would cry. I want to be known as someone who cared about the Earth and most of all as someone who made a difference in the lives of others.






Day 24-A Movie No One Would Expect You To Love
I love so many movies but  I think I will go with this one:




Ok, it just cracks me up...what can I say!




Day 25-Recipe
 I have a video one for you that I just recently did. You have to understand, my family does not think I can cook. So, I have been on a quest to prove them wrong.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErvNCFVJbGI

And finally...Day 26-A Childhood Memory


I have so many memories of being a child but one of the best was during the summer months because that was the time of year my parents would take us on three week vacations to...well...everywhere!
One of my most favorite was in 1976 during the bi-centennial. 
My parents planned for us to travel the original 13 colonies and end up in Pennsylvania for the ringing of the Liberty Bell. My Mom also had outfits made for all of us. The boys and Dad wore the knickers and three cornered hats and Mom and I wore long dresses, aprons and bonnets. 
I know, I know, thinking about it now I suppose it was kind of cheesy but I can honestly say we are probably in scrap books all across the country and world because people did not realize we were tourist and were constantly taking pictures of us.
The other thing cool about this trip was meeting up with the wagon train that had traveled from California. Tat was truly cool.
All in all, I am grateful Mom and Dad for the many memories and trips of growing up.  I suppose that is why I like history so much. :)


Peace...Naila Moon







No comments: