I am back for Coffee Chat with Rory from Time Out For Mom.
Today she wants us to discuss "what we would want left out if we were Santa".
Well, not being Santa at all...uh,hmm...this is really not a tough question.
I would want pork chops, green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy! Oh yes, and my Mother's chocolate chip cookies. Ok, yeah, I want milk too. Wait, can I have wine. Yeah, milk and wine but not together. Ok?
This is not my recipe but it sounds good.
Cheers! I mean HO HO HO...whatever.
Yields: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 4(1-2 inch thick) Pork Chops(Bone or Boneless)
- 2 cups Toasted Breadcrumbs(Preferably French Bread)
- 1/4 cup chopped Onion
- 1/4 cup chopped Celery
- 3 cloves (chopped) Garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped Parsley
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Cup Beef Broth
- Melt 1 Tablespoon of butter in skillet and saute celery, onion and garlic until soft(7 minutes)
- Transfer vegetables to a bowl and mix in parsley, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Add in breadcrumbs and mix well by slowly adding in the beef broth(roughly 1/4 cup) until the mixture is slightly soft.
- Make a horizontal slice into 3/4s of the way through each pork chop and stuff each as desired. Use toothpicks or twine to close up the sliced hole.
- Add remaining butter into skillet and brown the outsides of the pork chops for 5-10 minutes.
- Transfer pork chops to baking dish and pour in remaining broth and stuffing. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Serve with a green vegetable and starch for complete meal.