Sunday, December 8, 2013

Second Week of Advent...Peace...12/8/13



Meaning:
The second week, the first candle is lit again and the second  candle is lit in the representation of peace. Christmas is known as a season of peace. Jesus came to bring us spiritual peace and is known as the Prince of Peace.

My thoughts:
As I move in to the 2nd week of Advent, I look to peace. What does it mean to me? What does it mean to others? 

I have shared before that peace needs to start in our own minds and hearts and I still see that right now. Here we are into the holiday season and yet, so many people not at peace. They feel broken and lost. Some are just begging for mercy to get to the next day or even the next hour. My heart breaks for those.
I have been there and I do understand. It is the feelings of despair and no peace is in sight.

So, how is it found? 


Look within! See what you do have. Maybe the only thing you have is a blanket but that is a start. Maybe you are so broke you do not know what to do. Look, do you have a family member to talk with?

My point is, be at peace within and then go outward.  Some will say that is hard and I am here to tell you, I know but, it can be found.
-------------------
I have another thought today on "peace". 

This past week the world lost another peace maker, Nelson Mandela. I admired him for his tenacity, his strength and his determination. 

With peace you must have forgiveness too. Nelson Mandela forgave many people for the atrocities laid upon him and he moved forward in peace. He rallied a nation to live together as one. To move out of oppression and move forward into progression.

At this new Advent week, can we forgive ourselves and the people that have hurt us in order to move forward? Can we? 

It is possible! People like Nelson Mandela, Mother Theresa, and yes, Jesus have all showed us how.



Think about it and enjoy the peace this week.

Peace and love,
~Naila Moon


3 comments:

Eden House News and views said...

Brilliant

XmasDolly said...

Love it and especially on a day like today for I finally do have inner peace. Thank you so much for sharing.

LA Botchar said...

Love this. Peace absolutely must come from within. You cannot get peace from the world -- you must first get it yourself and then let it overflow into the world.