Tuesday, December 31, 2013
Determination...my one word & 52 weeks
As I have done in the past, I do not make New Year resolutions. They are seriously worthless as by February or even the next day, they are forgotten.
What I do is a 52 week challenge and use one word that seems to be an overall thought for the year ahead.
Last year, I decided not to do the 52 and instead focus on the word but this year in 2014 I am focusing on both. Bare with me and you will see how the intertwine.
First my one word: DETERMINATION
How often I have thought I would do this or that. Or I would like to do this project but never started it. Or worse yet, started something and didn't finish it. I literally have gone several years with things I wanted to do but did not do them for one reason or the other.
This year I am not letting me get in the way of things. I am determined to be bold. I am determined to be brave. I am determined to finish. I am determined...period!
This is my mind set for this year.
Having said that, I move in to my 52 things I am determined to get through this year. I know the list seems encumbersome but that is where the determination comes through. Here they are in no particular order:
1. No Pepsi at all for entire year. (Note: I have no issue with Pepsi per se, I just do not need to drink it or any other beverage like it.)
2. Meatless Mondays
3. Do a series of A-Z videos (Subject unknown at this writing_
4. 30 straight days of blogging (this may coincide with the next one)
5. A-Z April blog challenge
6. 52 week of selfie photos (1 each week)
7. Collect 50 postcards-1 from each state (mailed to me-where are you from?)
8. 30 days of art in November
9. Try 52 Recipes (1 a week) and blog
10. 52 week money challenge
11. Open a saving account for grandchild
12. Try yoga for 30 days
13. Exercise 2-3 days a week in some way
14. Watch 12 new movies (new to me)
15. Write 12 pen pal letters (Want to be my penpal? Email me)
16. 30 days of straight photography
17. Do a marathon (run or walk)
18. Help 12 people someway
19. Travel back to Sedona, AZ
20. Get my cochlear implant fixed
21. Apply for a hearing dog
22. Send birthday cards to at least immediate family on time
23. Heart card project in February
24. Go on 5 picnics with the hubby
25. Visit a new place
26. Go to 6 Flags Elitch Gardens
27. Lose 10 pounds in a month
28. Swing on a swing
29. Use coupons once a month or more
30. Hit first weight loss goal
31. Make 10 kid's games
32. Make art from recycled stuff
33. Go to a local Pow Wow
34. Fill in my genealogy boards
35. Scrapbook my Grandson's 1st year
36. Take in a play
37. Get a mammogram!
38. Buy a filing cabinet
39. Buy a new pair of jeans
40. Frame & Hang my photos
41. Go to the movie theatre 4 times
42. Re-learn sign language
43. Read 52 books (The next few will coincide-Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge)
44. Read 12 Latino/Latina authors (Latin@s Kid Lit Challenge)
45. Read 6 African American authors-kid's lit.
46. Read 6 Native American authors-kid's lit
47. Read 6 books from authors who write about special needs-kid's lit
48. Write my own children's book
49. Update my address box
50. Go on a horse drawn carriage ride
51. Re-organize my closet
52. Finish everything on the list
There you have it...DETERMINATION!
I look forward to seeing your one word or if you wish your 52 week challenge.
Happy New Year!