Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 16...food

Day 16


Yesterday, my daughter, cousin-in-law, and I were having a conversation about my belated Grandma and some of the "dishes" she made. In particular we were talking about her chili. 


Now I use the term "chili" here loosely because her chili was not exactly what most people would bring to mind. Her chili consisted of a can or two of beans, mystery meat and water. There was absolutely no seasoning to it.  Sometimes it was actually beans, tomato soup and water. In any case, we hated it but we were expected to eat it. You always ate what Grandma put on the table with no argument.  


The funny thing is, I miss her so much and would eat that in a heartbeat just to see her again.

So today I am thankful for the food that is put on the table. It does not matter whether I like it or not. No, it is just that it is there. So many people are hungry or are going hungry and would beg just to get a small morsel. I am truly blessed and truly thankful for what I have.

Peace...Naila Moon
  

No comments: