Thursday, April 12, 2012

*K

*Kermit






One of my very first introductions to the Muppets was by Kermit the Frog. Like many kids I sang along with Kermit as he sang about being green or sang the alphabet with him.  Or maybe I was introduced to a Sesame Street news flash by Kermit the roving reporter.


Frankly, I always loved Kermit the Frog and his seemingly love affair for Miss Piggy. When I got older (aka my 30's), I actually had a Kermit stuffed doll and Miss Piggy puppet (or is that Muppets?). Anyway, I had them when I was in youth ministry and the teens thought I was a bit nuts. Well, that was with the exception of one teen named Adam.


Adam, sounded just like Kermit the Frog...really, he did! Wouldn't you know he also liked my Miss Piggy puppet but especially my Kermit. He often took my Kermit and hid him in obscure places around the youth room.  I am pretty sure I recall Kermit taking a joy ride in Adam's car as well.


When Adam was getting ready to graduate from high school, I gave him Kermit as a present. You would have thought I would have given the kid a million dollars.  Kermit went to college with Adam.


Adam is now a grown adult and has a child of his own.  I am not in touch with him as I once was but I can't help to wonder if Adam's son ended up inheriting Kermit the Frog. Who knows?





~Naila Moon

3 comments:

Betty Alark said...

Hi, Naila Moon!

I've always adored,Kermit's voice! My daughter use to watch the Muppets. Great show; I liked it a lot myself!

Great story and theme for letter "H"

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Excellent choice for K. I grew up with Sesame Street and The Muppets, so Kermit has a special place in my memory.

Carol said...

Ah, I love Kermit! Why didn't I pick Kermit? But now I know what my M post is going to be tomorrow!

http://carolsnotebook.com