I have mentioned on numerous occasions that I really like checking out Pinterest (my button is on my page if you want to add me). Before Easter I found a project using yarn to make string eggs. It was a project I actually had remembered doing as a kid in grade school. Well, sort of anyway.
If you want complete instructions on how to make them go here. I will tell you that this is not the original one I found (I can't seem to find it again) and it calls for spray stiffener when we actually used Stay Flo liquid starch and glue.
One afternoon my daughter and I decided to try this out. We decided to use the string you see in the above photo. Isn't it pretty?
I can tell you now that we should have used yarn because it is thicker and seems to stay on the balloons better.
We wrapped the balloons to what we thought were ideal and left them to dry. We had to be very careful not to get them too sticky or the string simply did not adhere to the balloons.
It took several days for even one balloon to dry and some didn't dry at all. In the end, we actually just had one big mess and no cute egg balloons. In fact, some of the balloons (seen below) shriveled up before they were dried. Next time (if there actually is a next time) we will use yarn and tie them on thicker.
We aren't exactly sure what we did wrong but all in all, it was a fun project to attempt. I enjoyed doing this with my daughter even if it was a complete disaster!