Tuesday, April 17, 2012

*O

*Ocean

photo source:http://www.toptodaynews.com/why-is-the-ocean-salty/

One of my very favorite places in the world to visit is the ocean.  I can literally sit on the beach for hours. Watching the crash of the waves and listen to the roaring sound is simply glorious to me. I really am in awe of what a creation the ocean is. I do however, have a very healthy respect for the oceans of our world though. 

When I was about 8, we were visiting out in California and swimming in the ocean. Of course my Mom would not let us go out too far because she was afraid of the waves sweeping us away. As it turns out, this was a good thing because I got swept up in an undercurrent and almost drowned in the ocean.  I remember seeing a very bright light above and then darkness then popping up and seeing my Mom. My Mom told me that she was just getting ready to grab my hair to save me. The taste of salt water still gets me every time!  I do not swim in it anymore but still love to be there.

There is also another story about that salt water, but that is for another time. ;0

Peace...
Naila Moon

1 comment:

Eat To Live said...

Hahaha.... I love the ocean.... but I am a sissy and can't sit out in the sun because I burn.

Thanks for entering my Mens Wallet giveaway. Good luck to you.

I will be having this really neat straw giveaway soon that you can filter chlorine and heavy metals with. I haven't gotten it yet but can't wait to try it.