Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Wordless(ish) Wed...Freedom of the Road on Rte 66 1/23/2013


Hello my Wordless Wednesday pals.  Keeping with the theme I seem to have set for myself this week of "freedom", I present the following photo to you. This photo I took this Summer on vacation with my Mom.
We stopped off here which is a break in the Old Route 66.

The car you see there is actually an art installation (of a real car) of the old cars that traveled down Route 66. If you look in the background there is a line of electric wires. That line denotes the old route. (those are real too) Right in front of actually where I was standing is a plaque that tells a bit of the history and also the information I just gave you.

I thought this was the coolest thing ever and could just imagine myself in that old car being free and carefree and getting my own "kicks on Route 66".

Happy Wednesday ya all!
~Naila Moon

PS>Don't forget to come back tomorrow for Thankful Thursday (linky) and A Song.


5 comments:

Rebecca said...

love the photo

Colette S said...

That is definitely cool!

Mark Paul said...

Absolutely amazing photo.

What amazes me is that this was a dirt road, I am so used to thinking of concrete high ways.

You have inspired me for my 39 Chevy Coupe model, I can see the whole diorama in my mind including the old Burma Shave signs.

Here is a link to my wordless Wednesday at Shaws Botanical Garden, in appropriately Saint Louis.

http://creativeminds-tamirisc.blogspot.com/2013/01/wordless-wednesday-look-back.html

XmasDolly said...

That is kind of cool. I love it when people use old things not only to make us aware, but to broaden our knowledge of our history. On the way out to Streator (a place where my son use to live), there's a half a plane that had gone down, and a sign telling all about it. Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

another jennifer said...

Neat pic. I love old cars.